Thursday 15 November 2012

Wide-legged or just wide?

I found a pair of Coast palazzo pants languishing, barely worn, in the far reaches of my wardrobe, looking all elegant and willowy as palazzos do. I thought it would be a perfect new look for me and pictured myself wafting gracefully in them, maybe with a glass of champagne (and a beret in my more ridiculous musings).

Here's the thing. It is impossible to look willowy and graceful when you're 5 ft 2, you can look petite or neat or perky or if you're gifted with the right sort of curves, you can have a little va-va-voom. But willowy? Never, goddammit, I think that requires longer limbs.

So I felt fabulous in my ensemble, right until the moment I looked in the mirror. Down to earth with a bump. I nearly got changed but I was late meeting a friend so I just had to go, trousers flapping frantically around my ankles. But bizarrely, she really complimented me (although she is lovely and always very kind) and the photo is a little better than I feared. So I've left them on... I did ditch the beret though!
Trousers: Coast, similar here
Cami: Zara old but still available here
Star blouse: Zara old but similar here
Obi belt: Miss Selfridge, last year
Bag: Lulu Guinness (quite old but here are alternatives)



No comments:

Post a Comment