Sunday 18 November 2012

Skirting the issue


Over a week's gone by without a dress or skirt appearing on the scene. They've been tried on lots...but never actually made it downstairs. Is it just me or is it very difficult to put a casual outfit together with a skirt? I think the main problem is my aversion to flat shoes ( because of my short legs...ergo, the main problem is my short legs, which is something I have always known!) Skirts with chunky jumpers and biker boots can look gorgeous but they make me look like a prop forward in drag. So my search for the right ankle boots, to transform my legs into Elle McPherson's continues. I've been surreptitiously eyeing up my daughter's feet, she has a version of these from Topshop:
They seem to go with everything and are deceptively high but chunky enough to look more relaxed. But is it beyond the pale to buy the same stuff as your daughter? And do they just look good because she's 15 and has waaaaaaaaay better legs (and, frankly, better everything else) than me?
I'm also tempted by these two lovelies, also from Topshop...I think I'll just hum and haaa a little longer, probably until they're all sold out in Lilliputian sizes.   


Anyway, back to skirts, I am determined to wear at least one outfit with skirt or dress a week, so that meant today. 

After much aimless rummaging, I fell back on an old  vintage Westwood skirt I bought cheaply on Ebay and as I was running late by then it was put with that old fallback the safe black jumper and an old snood from River Island. I am loving a snood, I used to have one when Kajagoogoo wore them in the eighties and now that Limahl is back on our tellies they're back in. That can't be a coincidence, surely?!




Skirt and coat: Vivienne Westwood from EBay
Snood:River Island
Jumper: Tesco cashmere (old and holey)
Boots: LKBennett









No comments:

Post a Comment