Friday 9 November 2012

Pleather please!

I must confess to being a bit of a fan of all the leather and pleather in the shops at the moment.

How old is too old for leather? I think (well...hope) that it's great at any age if you don't go too far down the slutty route and end up looking like Dorian from Birds of a Feather. I'd absolutely love a pair of skinny leather trousers but I have to face the fact that my legs are not up to that kind of pressure. I have tried some on and my little limbs looked like Bertie Basset's liquorice stumps. Sigh. Fortunately Zara have a great selection of pleather goodies so I could get my leather fix cheaply and more discretely.

My hair was rebelling this morning so I experimented with the baker-boy hat again. Is it me or does everyone feel like they're in fancy dress when they put a hat on? Felt very much like a Russian soldier boy today but stuck it out regardless ( and didn't attempt any cossack dancing!)

 Looking at the photos I fear that with the hat, the pleather, skinnies and knee boots combo may be heading in a muttony direction but it definitely fulfils my pledge to try new things even if I feel embarrassed.


Top from Zara

Top: Zara £19.99 (layered over black vest)
Black jeans: Gok at Sainsburys
Boots: Moda in Pelle


Now what to wear for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment