Thursday 29 November 2012

Biker and boots

I love the idea of toughening up a pretty dress with a biker jacket. Love it.

I've just never, actually, you know, tried it. I think I was always worried about looking a muttony fool, fortunately after twenty five days of my style challenge I'm getting fairly numb to that! So today I snuck into big DD's bedroom and appropriated her black leather biker jacket (this season's River Island but I promised to look after it and return it straight to her wardrobe and not leave it in a crumpled heap, honestly!)

All the pictures I liked showed leggy celebs in summer dresses and bare legs-but that could be potentially life-threatening in frosty Leeds. So although I wore a summer dress (Jigsaw this year) it was a heavy jersey one, layered with plenty of heat-tech tops and teamed with thick opaques, boots and a scarf. It seems that all the don't-go-out-like-that-you'll-catch-your-death-of-colds I heard from my Mum did have an effect after all.

Dress: Jigsaw
Scarf: Zara (old)
Jacket: River Island (this season)
Boots: Moda in Pelle (this season)
Thermals: Uniqlo


Looking fab...The Style Crusader

Daisy Lowe

Loving the Mulberry jacket

2 comments:

  1. I don't know why you never tried this sooner - you look fantastic! I have to say that is one of my fave ways to wear a leather jacket x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jamie-lee. You look great in this outfit - you're tiny and it really suits your bodyshape. Your legs look good too. I must do it myself - when I can face getting the legs out. You're a Leeds girl - I'll have to look out for you in my shopping travels!

    ReplyDelete