Tuesday 27 November 2012

Red or dead?

It's official, Butlin's chic is back! 



No really, lots of the magazines have been extolling the virtues of a red coat this season and Taylor Swift, Peaches Geldof and Kate Middleton have been flashing their pops of colour this autumn ( a bizarre and random selection of slebs I know...but there you are.)

Of course, the reason this caught my eye is the scarlet Whistles crombie-style coat that's been hanging in my wardrobe for over 10 years. Oh yes, another day, another feeble excuse to drag an old and neglected item out. However, I've been rather wary about wearing too much red since a very good school friend was told she looked 'like a period' when dressed head-to-toe in a fetching ruby ensemble (13 year old boys can be horribly cruel). So my coat was diluted with a black jumper dress (new from H&M and very cosy and wearable), boots and some extremely thick opaques to disguise the fact that my little legs were out on show.

Now I just need a few white furry accessories and I'm ready to channel my inner Mother Claus this festive season!


Coat: Whistles (old, see below for alternatives this season)
Boots: Moda in Pelle (this season)
Snood: ASOS (this season)
Jumper dress: H&M (this season, part of the basics range, can't find it on website)



Snood from ASOS


Jill Sander show A/W 2012





And some lovely red coats from Coast this year, I am particularly in lust with the dark red funnel neck coat. Maybe you can never have too many red coats?



1 comment:

  1. Wow that's a new one on me - looking like a period. I shall park that in the memory bank somewhere.

    ReplyDelete