Wednesday 21 November 2012

Skinny Flair?

I spotted photos of Victoria Beckham and Kate Moss out and about in 'skinny flares.' They were proclaimed the new shape, meaning that skinnies are allegedly heading towards fashion history . Now I really am confused, isn't a skinny flare just a posh new name for a bootcut? Have I actually been a fashion forward style guru all along?  Looking at the pics though, I think the jeans have a bigger flare...or is it just because VB has such amazingly skinny thighs they look massive in comparison?

Anyway, I so happen to have a pair of sort-of-skinny-flare black jeans in my wardrobe. I bought the wrong cut by mistake as an E-bay 'bargain' and have never worn them, because, of course they were too flared and rather tiny. So, I dragged them out and squeezed myself into them to try and emulate the VB look and see if it works on decidedly thunderier thighs. I mixed it with a Zara geometric print shirt, thereby ticking off another seasonal trend.

So what do you think? Bootcuts or boot out?

Jeans : JBrand
Green shirt: Zara
Wedge ankle boots: Aldo (old but similar here)
Necklace: Urban Outfitters (last season)
Belt: New Look 


VB showing off because she's soooo slim, she can fit both hands in her jean pockets!

2 comments:

  1. You're tiny and those skinny flares look really good on you and do elongate the legs. I've held on to a pair of Diesel bootcuts but I just don't feel right in mine at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I know what you mean, I felt a bit weird today, will also hold onto them and give them another go some time though!
    XX

    ReplyDelete