Thursday 8 November 2012

Tying myself in knots

My wardrobe is now bulging with fabulous scarves (the result, I fear, of way too much time browsing the Style and Beauty section of Mumsnet)  but no idea how to put them on. When I look at pictures of celebrities, models and bloggers the scarves always look effortless- I however, either look like I'm being slowly garrotted by a colourful leopard or worse, all wafty as if any moment now the scarf will get caught in a passing wheel and I will die Isadora Duncan style. Yesterday Wendy (from www.wendyslookbook.com) came to my rescue with her brilliant 25 ways to tie a scarf on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LYAEz777AU

I was so inspired I fired off an order for two scarves and a snood. At this rate I'm going to have to wear them sarong style to conjure 50 outfits out of my wardrobe. But I do love them.
Found on Ebay for £3.57

Zara-£15.99

ASOS on sale at £10


I was running around as official full-time taxi driver to my daughters last night so wore leggings with a pleather stripe from Topshop ( so comfy and the stripe definitely makes the thighs look less thundery) a bargain cardigan from the Urban Outfitters sale that DD made me buy ( it is a little waterfall-y and I was worried it was Mumsy but I fastened it with a giant safety pin and it felt better) and of course a scarf. Tied "celebrity' style...thanks Wendy!





No comments:

Post a Comment