Tuesday 20 November 2012

To the maxi...

There are some things in my (and probably everyone else's) wardrobe that cost too much to throw away, even though they've hung, neglected and unloved for years. My silver maxi skirt (and matching cardigan) hasn't left the rail for well over a decade. But it cost an eye-watering amount at the time, it was a thing of beauty so I couldn't bring myself to chuck it out. I bought it in a panic for a wedding in the fog shortly after childbirth and somehow silver velvet never seemed appropriate for the school run!

If I'm going to get through these fifty days without going naked, or bankrupting myself, some of these forgotten garments are going to have to be worn. So tonight for a girly charity shopping evening (all, terribly North Yorkshire dahling) I will mostly be wearing silver and I'm just steeling myself for a general chorus of...oooh why are you all dressed up then?

I tried to dress it down a la doesmybumlook40 with a scarf and a leather jacket but with my stumpy pins flats were out of the question, I had to balance on massive Aldo wedges just to stop my hem trailing in the Yorkshire mud...aaaahhh it's a glamorous life!

Leather military jacket: Day, Birger et Mikkelsen (old)
Scarf: Ark (old aka 'The Mumsnet scarf)
Skirt: Edina Ronay (ancient)
Huge wedges: Aldo
Jumper: Uniqlo



No comments:

Post a Comment