Friday 30 November 2012

Blue shoes and braces

I discovered a fabulous but worryingly addictive website this week. Shoeaholics does exactly what it says on the tin and was the perfect place to satisfy my craving for absurdly high and hopelessly impractical shoes. There are loads of shoes and boots from previous seasons from Kurt Geiger, Carvela, Nine West and more. I was on my everlasting hunt for the perfect ankle boot but ended up buying these little lovelies reduced from £210 to not very much at all, honestly . Bargain.

Of course they are blue and I never wear blue (you may well ask why I bought them...but I refer you back to the fact that they are lovely and a BARGAIN, stupid), so I've been struggling as to what on earth to wear them with, without resorting to all black or even more shopping (heaven forbid!).

In the end I chose this navy jersey shirt as one of a very few blue items in my wardrobe. Usually I'd wear it with jeans (of course) but today I was brave and paired it with these flannel trousers from ASOS... the dilemma was braces up or down, what do you think?

Shirt: Old
Trousers: ASOS (this season)
Shoes: Kurt Geiger, from Shoeaholics












As November draws to a close it's starting to feel a lot like Christmas in Sickofmystylerut towers. I have just put together this advent calendar tree for the girls. I can't wait for them to start opening them...and I'm secretly hoping there may be a pair of those Kurt Geiger heels in red nestling in my advent calendar!




Advent Calendar bags: Ikea, this year
Tree: Next (old)
Presents: Mostly Primark!



1 comment:

  1. I took a proper look at those shoes and they are mega high! I would never think of teaming them like that with the trousers but it is too cold to go without sockwear. I like the shoeaholics site - they had some lovely Paul Smith brogues a little while back - I snoozed a little too long and they went. Ah well.

    ReplyDelete