Wednesday 14 November 2012

Red wine and chocolate

Mmmm red wine and chocolate, two of my favourite things so by putting them together I can't go wrong...can I?

In a rush of blood to the head I bought some chocolate coated jeggings (that's chocolate coloured, not actually chocolate coated which would be delicious but rather messy) with zips from River Island. I'd lost some weight and was overcome with being able to fit into something so skinny, shiny and small. Of course as soon as I got them home and ripped the labels off I was filled with panic. They were too young for me, they were mutton extraordinaire and I had nothing to wear with them. I would be a laughing stock if seen in them out of my bedroom.

Little DD gave me a stern look (she's a professional at those) and told me in no uncertain terms to pull myself together. The whole aim of this challenge was to try new things. What was the point if I wimped out at something so harmless as a pair of jeggings?

Duly chastened, I tried them on with everything on my shelves...they were variously ajudged too trashy, too boxy, too frumpy, too black and tooooo boring...and I eventually ended up with this wine lace shirt from Ark last year. Vague nod of approval from the DDs and a firm instruction to do up all the buttons. 

Jeggings:River Island (this season)
Shirt:Ark (last year)
Cami: Zara (old but always in available in various colours)
Boots: YSL (old, from the sale)

I even managed to wear them out of the house and out to dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment