Wednesday 28 November 2012

Chunky knit, or just plain chunky?


Just before I embarked on this fashion challenge, I put a plaintive post on Mumsnet asking the Style & Beauty gurus to name their essential items for the new season... Chunky knits they all replied.

Sigh.

You see, when you're short of stature and possessed of anything more than the weeniest curves the chunky knit is a tricky beast to master. Too short and you look boxy, too tight... et voila: overstuffed saucisson. Worst of all, in anything long and voluminous, with my little limbs sticking out, there's a serious danger of resembling one of the M and M men. Not a good look.

So I have tried on jumper after jumper, cheap, expensive and plenty in-between, until I found this burgundy number on the H&M website (half-price, just £15 at the moment.)





 I fully expected it to be horrid but it feels soft, hangs well and it doesn't make my hair stand on end with static, result! I'm so chuffed that I put an order in straight away for the cream one (think how much money I'm saving!)
 If you're equally tempted, it's a good idea to size up as the H&M sizing can be truly tiny.





Jumper: H&M
Waxed jeans: River Island (this season)
Boots (Select)
Bag: Louis Vuitton (pressie from kind MIL)




Spot the difference!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh - that's a good 'un. It looks really nice on you and doesn't drown you at all. There's a few discount codes going at the moment with H&M so I must pop in after the weekend (payday). I've spent my quota for the month - boo!

    ReplyDelete