Tuesday 6 November 2012

Time for Tartan?

Here's the thing: Blogging and taking a photo of your outfit when you're not confident in your style does not make it easy to get dressed in the morning. Seriously. Everything looks a bit lame and/or embarrassing, even though there is probably no one reading my scribbles, I can still picture women looking at me and thinking 'she looks a bit meh.'

Anyway enough of my paranoia, on with the fashion. From my frantic perusing of magazines it would seem that tartan is making a come back this season. Sadly my mother has cleared out her attic, so my Bay City Rollers cropped tartan flares are not around to be recycled. Disappointing I know. But I do have a pink tartan skirt ( yes, you read that correctly...pink) by a local designer which I think looks a bit like Westwood.

No new purchases worn today, all dragged from a crumpled retirement in the back of the wardrobe.  With all those bright checks I kept the rest black, and covered the scary pinkness with my much-loved Vivienne Westwood coat, which seems to make everything under it look better.

Skirt:Kelly Ewing  https://www.kellyewing.com
Boots:LK Bennett
Coat: Anglomania
Jumper: Wallis
Scarf: Kit and Kaboodal


Still looking like I've dislocated my hip!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment