Friday 23 November 2012

Midi Mum

Now, as you may know from my earlier ramblings I am paranoid about my stumpy legs and utterly committed to the highest heels to disguise them. Why then am I soooo very excited about the resurgence of the midi-heel? The simple truth is I have loads of them, cluttering up my cupboards, relics of a time when I spent money on my feet and not kid's extra-curricular activities. Of course, they weren't called midi then. Oh no! They were considered incredibly high. If fashion continues to evolve at this rate we may actually be wearing stilts in ten years time...I can't wait!


Anyway, bloggers from All worn out and Susie So-so are rocking their new heels, so feeling inspired, I pulled these pointy little Gucci mules from their crumbling box (an anniversary pressie from DH years ago.) Truth be told it was a little chilly to be baring my ankles...but beauty is pain and their rather fetching shade of blue matched my navy military jacket beautifully!

Pinstripe jacket: Topshop (old)
Black long-sleeved T-shirt: Whistles
Jeans: Zara
Shoes: Gucci (ancient)





In other news, our lovely dog turned up for her second date looking glossier than Jennifer Aniston on Oscar night and...we think she was...ahem...successfully covered. She is now lounging on her cushion like a contented woman of the world,  just 60 days to wait to see if some little puppies arrive.


4 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for popping over - I still don't know your name so Agonydoc it is for a bit longer. Thanks for the shout out - it's always nice to find someone reading - you just don't know who's reading at all in blogland. When I popped over, I nearly did a double take as I thought - she's wearing jeans and pointy shoes just I would! Cool - I like this girl. You have a nice blog which is very funny - I like the humour - it will be interesting to see what happens at the end of the 50 outfits. What lessons will be learned? I never dare attempt anything like this - too much like torture for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue! No wonder you did a double take, the whole jean/pointy shoe thing was inspired by you...well they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :)
      It's Jane btw
      XXX

      Delete
  2. Saw your comment over at Sue's and popped by to say hello. Loving your work on here and those ancient gucci heels come good! What sort of dog do you have? I am the proud owner of two adorable pugs xx www.styleateveryage.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for popping over and commenting, I'm coming straight over to your blog...it sounds perfect for me!
    I have one black labrador at the moment but fingers crossed for lots more in a couple of months!
    Jane
    XX

    ReplyDelete