Monday 20 November 2017

Fifty outfits revisited

I had a bit of a scare today. I did that thing where I turned on my webcam by mistake and caught a shocking glimpse of a tired old woman with a grey complexion and scraped back hair, wearing her PJs at lunchtime. When did that happen?

The truth is that my kids have flown the nest, I frequently work from home and it's all too easy to slob around in joggers or jim-jams. Which is all well and good if it works for you. But I've realised that it actually makes me feel a bit crap about myself.  So, no more. It's been five years since I started the fifty-outfits-in-fifty-days challenge and now that I've reached the big five o myself, it's time to do it again.

It was a really interesting exercise last time and I did rediscover my fashion mojo- but I found that I spent way too much on fast and disposable fashion. Stuff to put together an instant outfit and then forget. I don't know how proper bloggers can keep up with the constant shopping and spending, fifty days did me in! Anyway, I've realised that I tend to wear things for years and years, so it's better if I get fewer items that I love. I'm going to mix and match the stuff I've got into different outfits and see where the wardrobe gaps are. It'll be a mix of high street, vintage, ebay and some lovely bits that I've been given by my family or splurged on myself. If you're looking for a fashion maven to guide you effortlessly through the key items for the next season, this is not the place for you.

I'm putting it out there in a blog to lay down the gauntlet, make myself accountable and to encourage me to be a little less Waynetta and a little more Wintour.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment