Friday 24 November 2017

A good coat?

Toutes les french fashion experts say that every chic woman should have a good coat. But what is a good coat? Do you have to pay gazillions for something fashioned from camel hair with a Maxmara label or will Zara do? Is one good coat enough? Surely you need something warm for walking the dog, something fabulous for evening, something classic and then maybe a few others because...well, because they're lovely?

Yes, the truth is I have a terrible weakness for coats and tend to spend more money on them than on anything else (my most recent one was... actually I've blanked it out but somewhere around £450.) I buy one every two years- but, and this is a big but (hear me out here, I am a professional at justifying profligate coat shopping) they last wonderfully well,  I still wear ones that are 30 years old. I also live in Yorkshire so you can pretty much justify a coat from September to May!

I love the idea of classic camel, but when it comes to parting with my pennies I can never resist a bit of Viv. I love Westwood's sculptural shapes and I convince myself that they can lift all sorts of dodgy outfits and hide away any bulgy bits. Which was perfect today. I was having an attack of the fat and uglies. I'm sure we all have them, whatever our size. Those days when your hormones conspire to ensure that everything you try makes you looked like an overstuffed sausage, and you end up with a pile of rejected rags on the floor. That's when a good coat comes to the rescue. I put mine over some black waxed jeans, a cashmere breton and black pointy courts. So, I was ticking off a few more French essentials. And les petites saucissons? Successfully hidden from sight.




Coat -Anglomania, similar here and keep an eye on the Outnet for discounted ones
Black waxed jeans- Boden, mine are old but these are the same I think
Cashmere breton-Jigsaw (old) this is lovely but very spendy and my one did develop a few of those annoying little holes in the front
Shoes- Sam Edelman, I bought these at the end of my last fifty outfit challenge as part of a capsule wardrobe idea








                                                                    Sam Edelman heels

No comments:

Post a Comment