Thursday 27 December 2012

Red wine and a red dress

Ahhhhhhhhhh :)

The family have all gone home after a wonderful Christmas full of absurd amounts of food, wine and laughter. Time to upload all my pictures and catch up on blogging to hit the 50 outfit target I set myself back in November (the cleaning can definitely wait a while).

Surprisingly I did manage to stagger to Christmas without having to repeat or resort to dressing up my pyjamas with a few fabulous accessories. Unsurprisingly, rather a lot of the photos are a little blurry and a bit the worse for wear, rather like their subject!

So, firstly, the red dress. Is there anything more Christmassy? I had seen a wonderful photo of Dita Von Teese looking fabulous (as ever) in a red jersey dress and I tried to emulate her with touches of animal print, red lips and dark glasses- but it didn't seem right for the stormy Yorkshire weather and I felt like I was off to a fancy-dress party. Black tights and boots made it more wearable and the red lips and black fur scarf added just a little dash of Dita-ish vintage glamour!

Above: Dita looking gorgeous
Below: Me looking rather ridiculous!

Dress: Diane Von Furstenburg (old)
Glasses: Chanel
Bag: Louis Vuitton (Very old hand me down from Lovely MIL)
Shoes: Barratt from EBay
Tights: Seamed glossies from Pretty Polly



Dress: DVF
Ankle boots- Kurt Geiger from Shoeaholics

Scarf: Topshop (this season)






3 comments:

  1. Oooh love this outfit and the idea of your blog!

    Only just discovered you - hope you had a lovely Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for commenting Kitty! Have a wonderful New Year!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, all of this pictures are looks so nice! because your wine red dress is perfect on you !

    ReplyDelete